Ford was a latecomer to the light truck 4×4 market. The Dodge Power Wagon was out in the mid 40′s and GMC had a 4×4 in the early 50′s. This 1959 F-350 4×4 from Nyew York is one of only 800 that Ford built that first year. Most came set up for commercial use: tow truck, ice cream truck. Approximately 300 F-350′s in 4 wheel drive came with “style side” bed as on this vehicle. The chassis, body and engine of this truck were built in Ford’s Dearborn, Michigan plant, but the 4-wheel drive components came from a company in Indiana, named Marmon-Herrington, that made 4-wheel drive military vehicles. The 292 engine and drive train are all original, and the truck has been restored to original colors and condition all the way down to the correct “ND” (non directional) tires that came stock.
Filed Under: Ford Trucks